Escalator step is mainly consist of step plate (tread); step riser( cleat),step hook (T Bra); step driving roller (trailing roller); step demarcation line; axle slot; frame yoke.
Modern escalators are usually inclined at 30° or d 35°.
Most manufacturers offer escalator steps in three widths: 600mm, 800m and 1000mm.
Usually the European series escalators are no need to confirm the inclination,such as OTIS, KONE, Schindler. But Japan and Korean series escalators need to confirm the inclination (30° and 35° can’t be interchangeable), such as Hyundai, Hitachi, Mitsubishi, LG, Sigma, Goldstar..
In purchasing activities,how to quickly find the right steps you need? Here are some tips you must know:
1.scalator step length and width
2. Step roller dimensions (diameter, thickness and bearing)
3. Step materials: stainless steel or aluminum alloy
4. Step color: black, silver, grey or other.
5. Step with demarcation line or not; demarcation line is painted, or yellow/black plastic
6. Escalator inclination angle (35° or 30°)
7. Escalator brand
Please follow us, we are committed to sharing you more elevator and escalator knowledge.